Businesses that seek to establish, expand or relocate operations in Central Texas benefit from Burleson County’s progressive, pro-business environment, led by our responsive economic development corporation and supportive county and city governments. Strong leadership committed to assisting businesses is coupled with streamlined permitting and minimal regulatory challenges, which accelerate the development process.
The role of the Burleson County Economic Development Corporation (EDC) is to enhance the quality of life in Burleson County by advancing the investment, development, growth and relocation of companies within the area. In addition to providing appropriate infrastructure, the Burleson County EDC promotes and supports economic development in the community that offers the people of Burleson County sustainable, meaningful and rewarding employment opportunities, and greater access to desirable goods and services. Each of our three cities; Caldwell, Somerville and Snook have unique qualities and dynamic opportunities.
As part of its responsibilities, the Burleson County Economic Development Corporation commissions and funds research studies to identify community needs, demand and aligned development opportunities, and to inform planning. The Burleson County EDC offers tax and development incentives and works with businesses to capitalize on them. It assists businesses in finding the most suitable facilities or building sites for their requirements and facilitates development from start to finish.
In addition, the Burleson County EDC initiates, sponsors, coordinates and supports other activities that promote its mission of economic development.
· To recruit new businesses, both international and domestic, in order to create jobs and increase the tax base.
· To retain and expand existing business by assisting them to increase profitability through exports, strategic alliances, new project development and workforce development improvements.
· Working on job creation in Burleson County with a comprehensive plan in place.
· Initiating contact with companies within targeted industries.
· Responding to industrial and manufacturing inquiries about the Burleson County market.
· Marketing Burleson County to prospective companies via brochures, statistical data, and project specific proposals.
· Maintaining a statistical database on Burleson County and the area to meet the needs of prospective companies.
· Working with high schools, colleges, and Texas Workforce in the Burleson County area to have in place a variety of job-training programs. Customized job-training programs can also be activated if a prospective company requests such a service.
301 N Main, Caldwell TX 77836